Fully accredited courses
Engaging video based learning
Certified in under an hour
Asbestos Awareness Online Course (Category A)
If you are working or plan to work in any of these occupations or situations then you should look into obtaining an Asbestos Awareness Certificate.
Why should you take this Asbestos Training Course?
Asbestos Awareness is an important and necessary part of safety awareness at work. By understanding the risks associated with asbestos, you can help to create a safer working environment for yourselves, your colleagues and those around you. Taking an online course on Asbestos Awareness is a convenient and cost-effective method of gaining knowledge on the dangers that this substance can pose.
With an online course, you can conveniently learn in-depth about the various ways in which Asbestos can be dangerous, its potential effects, and how to safely identify, handle and dispose of it. You will also be able to gain an understanding of the legal implications of not adhering to safety regulations in regards to Asbestos. Therefore, by taking this course, you will become more knowledgeable and informed about the dangers of Asbestos, allowing you to help maintain a safer workplace.
Is this Asbestos Training mandatory?
Yes, all personnel in the workplace who are at risk of exposure to asbestos must complete this online Asbestos Awareness training. This course is designed to instil a comprehensive understanding of asbestos risk in the workplace and ensure that people know what to do if they encounter it on the job.
Employees can benefit from this training by learning how to eliminate or control the risks associated with asbestos, how to identify signs and symptoms of exposure, what to do if they come into contact with Asbestos Containing Materials (ACM’s), and how to seek further training. Completion of this training is mandatory and will remain a mandatory requirement of working with asbestos-containing materials in the workplace.
Who benefits from our online Asbestos Awareness course?
Our Asbestos Awareness (Category A) course is designed to provide essential education for workers who may come into contact with Asbestos as part of their job role. This includes blue-collar workers in the industrial, construction and automotive sectors, schools and hospitals.
The course can also be tailored to meet the individual needs of employers, helping to ensure that they are making the necessary safety preparations and that their workers are adequately trained in asbestos safety. Everyone benefits from our course, though – not just the employees themselves, but the employers, the public, and the environment too. By ensuring that employers have the right training, and that their employees are made aware of the health and safety risks associated with asbestos, they can go about their day-to-day duties in a safe and informed manner. This means greater peace of mind for everyone involved.
How do our online Asbestos Awareness courses work?
Our online courses are designed to provide a flexible and convenient learning experience. Here’s how it works:
- Access the course: Once you’ve registered and enrolled, you will receive instant access to the Asbestos Awareness course.
- Learn at your own pace: Progress through the course modules at a speed that suits you. Pause, rewind, and rewatch the videos as often as needed to fully grasp the content.
- Complete the assessments: Each section includes a bank of questions. Achieve the required pass mark to unlock the next section.
- Earn your certificate: Upon successful completion of the course, you can immediately download a unique, personalised, and CPD and IATP endorsed certificate. This certificate serves as proof of your asbestos awareness knowledge and can be shared with your employer or kept for your records.
When will I receive access to my Asbestos Awareness course?
As soon as you purchase, register and enrol in our Asbestos Awareness course, you will gain immediate access. There are no delays or waiting periods, allowing you to start learning right away.
What is covered in this course?
- The dangers of Asbestos
- Types of Asbestos
- Where you are likely to find it
- The health effects of exposure
- Legislation, risk and responsibility
- Inadvertent exposure and how to avoid the risks
Is this course accredited?
Yes, our Asbestos Awareness course is accredited and endorsed by The CPD Certification Service. This accreditation ensures that the course meets high-quality standards and provides valuable continuing professional development (CPD) for participants. This asbestos awareness training course is also audited and approved by the Independent Asbestos Training Providers (IATP ) as meeting Category A Asbestos Regulations.
Is this course UKATA accredited?
No, our course hasn’t been approved by UKATA, but follows a very similar same syllabus. Rather than UKATA, it’s accredited by IATP – a not-for-profit working with the HSE.
How long does this IATP accredited course take to complete?
Our Asbestos Awareness course is designed to be completed in less than one hour. The concise and focused video modules allow you to efficiently absorb the necessary knowledge without sacrificing the quality of the training.
How long do the Asbestos Awareness certificates last?
Asbestos Awareness certificates are valid for 1 year and should be renewed upon its expiration. It is important to keep updated with the certification as it may be a legal requirement in some cases, however it is always best practice to stay up-to-date with knowledge and best practices to ensure the safety of yourself and others. Renewing your certificate can be done by completing another online course or attending a revalidation workshop.
Do I receive a certificate upon completion?
Absolutely! Upon successfully completing our Asbestos Awareness training course, you will receive a unique and personalised certificate via email. Alternatively, you’ll have access to your certificate from your LMS Dashboard.
Why train with us?
When you choose to train with Shout Out Safety, you benefit from:
- Expertise and quality: Our asbestos awareness training courses are developed by industry professionals with extensive knowledge and experience in asbestos awareness training.
- Interactive learning: Engage with our video-based modules, quizzes, and assessments to enhance your understanding and retention of the material.
- Flexibility and convenience: Access the asbestos training course at any time and from anywhere, allowing you to learn at your own pace.
- CPD accreditation: Our courses are CPD-accredited, ensuring you receive recognised professional development.
- Immediate certification: Upon completion, instantly download your personalised and endorsed certificate, providing you with tangible proof of your accomplishment.
Looking to train your team?
If you’re looking to train your team in asbestos awareness, we offer flexible solutions to meet your organisation’s needs. Our safety and hygiene courses can be tailored to accommodate large groups, and we can provide customised packages that suit your specific requirements. Contact us today to discuss your team training needs and find out how we can support your organisation in achieving the Asbestos Safety standards.
Other courses you may be interested in
Our courses meet Continuing Professional Development guidelines and are all accredited by the CDP Certification.
- Immediate certification – back to work in 30 minutes
- Accredited courses
- Train online on any device